Public Records Requests
The County of Riverside maintains a large range of records in various forms through the County’s Open Data Source Portal, to access readily available information click the button below.
Open Data Source Portal
Those wishing to access, review and obtain public records not currently maintained on the county's Open Data Source website, or on the department’s website, may file a request for public records.
If the types of records you are looking for belong to one of the departments below, please use the following:
- District Attorney – Email
- Fire Department - Email
- Sheriff’s Department – Sheriff's Website
- Transportation and Land Management Agency
- Building & Safety, and Planning (which include permit records, planning cases, entitlements) - [email protected]
- Code Enforcement (building and code violations) - [email protected]
- Transportation (roads, streets, street improvements, traffic lights, right-of-way) - [email protected]
- Planning (for any specific planning department questions) - [email protected]
Public Records Request Portal
The County's Public Records Act Portal is available to the following departments:
- Animal Services
- Assessor Clerk Recorder
- Clerk of the Board
- Department of Public Social Services
- Emergency Management Department
- Executive Office
- Human Resources
- Probation Department
- Purchasing & Fleet Department
- Department of Environmental Health
Submit your request to the appropriate department that holds the records by clicking the button below.
Public Records Act Portal
If you're not sure which department holds the type of records you seek, email the Executive Office by clicking here.