Public and Official Records
Riverside County maintains a vast assortment of records in various forms. Those wishing to access, review and obtain public records, should contact the office or department responsible for maintaining those records, or access the searchable indexes available on their respective websites.
Below are some of our more common departments that handle public records requests, along with the best way to contact them.
Riverside County Assessor – County Clerk – Recorder
The Recorder’s website allows visitors to conduct fictitious business name searches, grantor/grantee searches, and vital records searches that include birth, marriage or death certificates.
The County Clerk also provides the following services:
- Files fictitious business name statements
- Files statements of abandonment of use of fictitious business name
- Files withdrawal from partnership operating under a fictitious business name
- Issues public and confidential marriage licenses
- Provides certified copies of confidential marriage licenses
- Registers notary public oaths and commissions
- Authenticates notary public signatures
The Office of Vital Records – RUHS-Public Health
The Office of Vital Records in the Public Health department registers all births and deaths within the County of Riverside. Records are kept only for the current and previous years. For current and older records, visit the Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder website.
The Riverside Superior Court’s Public Access webpage is intended to assist the public in accessing available case data without having to visit the courthouse.
For public records searches outside Riverside County, please visit the State of California website, or the county or state in which the events took place.